Here are some amazing facts about the human body:
- If you live for 65 years or longer, you will have consumed more than 70,000 meals, and your remarkable body will have disposed of 50 tons of food.
- Each of the body's cells is a self-contained, living entity, but at the same time it depends on the rest of the body's cells to supply its needs.
- As living things, cells also die off, although at varying rates.
- Some skin cells and red blood cell replenish themselves every 10-120 days
- Cells lining the digestive tract replace themselves every three days.
- Many muscle cells reproduce themselves only once every few years.
- Liver cells have the ability to reproduce quickly and do so whenever repairs to the organ are needed.
- Certain brain cells do not reproduce at all; if damaged by injury of disease, they are lost forever.